Thanks to @amghobsmacht for sending the below info from @ulsterahs and to Stuart Lunn from @chasetheriver for his hard work on the #savethesunflower petition and benefit gig in January.
Details from the Ulster Architectural Heritage Society showing how to make your concerns heard are now available (mine, courtesy of Slugger O’Toole, are here) and will help make sure every objection is formally counted:
– The planning portal can be accessed here.
– If you follow the link you can search for applications across NI by address/key word or reference number. The ref for Northside is: LA04/2015/0577/O
– You can go directly to the application here.
– The key thing is to send your comments to: email@example.com with the reference number, address and proposal clearly stated at the top/on the title. Ask for a notice of receipt to make sure your comment is logged with planning.
– Visit the Ulster Architectural Heritage Society website for more information on how to take action.
It is great to see so much hard work on this issue. Special mention to Alliance councillor @emmetMcDB for his efforts and expertise.
Belfast won’t be Belfast if we keep taking the heart and soul from our city. Thank you.
Edit 16/12/15: A great blog entry by @amghobsmacht about the Sunflower and ‘regeneration’ in Belfast is here.